ICYMI the European Central Bank April monetary policy meeting minutes overnight, Justin was all over them:
Adding some comments via ING (in summary):
- members … acknowledged that there is a more protracted soft patch
- they believe a more solid growth rate in the second half of the year is still to be expected
- risks surrounding the growth outlook remained tilted to the downside
- Underlying inflation remains muted and inflation expectations have declined.
- Council still thinks that stronger wage growth should lead to higher inflation and that there is still no sign of inflation expectations becoming unanchored
- pricing of the new TLTRO-III operations should be data-dependent and take into account a thorough assessment of the bank-based transmission channel of monetary policy, as well as further developments in the economic outlook.
Earlier EUR related post here: