Comments by ECB policymaker, Peter Kazimir
- But ECB is far from its inflation target
- Says ECB is confident it has tools to achieve its target
- Latest decisions prove the ECB’s willingness to act
- FX rate plays a role in policy and ECB does consider it in its decisions
- Not yet at a point where more policy tools are needed
- ECB is awaiting hard data on the economy
This is mostly a reiteration of what we already know from the ECB since last week’s meeting decision. It’s all about economic data now to provide the next set of clues on how the ECB may react so keep a keen eye on those inflation figures in the coming months.